Hey everyone! I’ve got a lot of randomness going on in this head of mine, so I’ve decided to link up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for Thinking out Loud this week! I’ve had a lot on my mind for a while now so I figured this was the best way to get them off my chest!
- I kind of feel like there is this big elephant in the room. GOALS/RESOLUTIONS. And it’s weird because for the first time, I don’t really feel like I have any and I’m not quite sure what to do about it. I said that I wasn’t going to run a marathon this year and I’m still sticking to it, but I feel like I’m mourning the death of a family member. I’ve been in hard core training for 3 years and now to have no real big goal for the year is kind of sending me into a tailspin. I know that I want to work on strength and getting stronger and faster, but I haven’t come up with a measurable way to gauge success on it yet. I know I would like to try to hit at least 1,000 miles again but it will take a lot of discipline since I won’t have 2 marathons in a year to help out!
- I’m thinking about grad school. I’ve always had in the back of my mind that I wanted to go to CRNA school, but then I had kids and well, you know the drill. For those without medical background a CRNA is a certified registered nurse anesthestitist, or basically the person that puts you to sleep and gives you anesthesia when having surgery. I have become lazy to be honest, and now I’m just scared shitless. But I feel like I’m missing something, I feel like I need a change and the thought of going back to school (while scary) is also very intriguing and exciting. I have a few things I need to do over the next year before I can apply next January. I need to take the GRE and take a few prerequisite classes since I haven’t been in school for 14 years. Let me say this again. This scares the shit out of me. It would be a MAJOR life change for us and our family. It will be a doctoral program for the class that I would be applying to enter in which means 3 years of full time school. And it’s intense. Both kids would be in school full time by the time I entered class in the fall of 2017 (if I got accepted), so that would be a HUGE help.
- We’ve been having a really hard time with mini #2. The kid has pretty much never slept through the night and it’s starting to become a big problem for all of us. I’m not kidding, I haven’t slept through the night in over 4 years. I’m exhausted, my husband is exhausted and he is exhausted. I’m pretty sure that we have created these problems, but nothing we are doing to fix it is helping. I’ve read every behavioral sleep training book there is out there and tried them all and still nothing is working. I’m close to calling a sleep specialist and having a sleep study done on him to make sure he doesn’t have sleep apnea or something else that is waking him nightly.
- Yes, I realized i’m overdo for my lip and chin wax, Mini #1, but you really need to NOT point that out to your mother. We need to start having a chat about tact.
- I’m still working on my race schedule for this year. I have 3 races on the books as of right now. One was supposed to be a goal half marathon in March but since I had bronchitis and haven’t even started training yet, I’m thinking it’s going to have to be for fun instead.
- I may start posting twice a week around here. I’m finding it really hard to keep up with these days, and to be honest, I don’t want to post just to post. I’d rather have quality over quantity. Some weeks there may be 3 posts, but I’m thinking 2 will probably be the norm for a little while. I’m about to hit my 3 year blogiversary and I’ve got to say, it is hard to keep a good consistent momentum for that long! I’ve been pretty consistent with posting on Instagram though, so if you aren’t following me yet, here is my shameless plug for you to do so
- I mentioned that I was quitting my gym a few posts back and boy am I glad that I am! Last weekend the gym had an issue with the heaters in the pool malfunctioning and ended up having carbon monoxide circulating throughout the gym. Several people passed out while on the treadmill and had to be taken to the hospital!! CRAZY!
- I stocked up on Nuun this week. They had a crazy sale on Watermelon Nuun and some other flavors that are being discontinued. I could NOT pass up these water bottles either. My husband is going to kill me. He already complains about how many we have all over the house. These were too cute to pass up!
- I’m obsessed with the Betty Designs bottle even though it’s a triathlete company. Seriously, I want to do a triathalon just so I can buy one of these. Totally obsessed. Would it be weird to buy one to just run in? I’m contemplating. They have some cute capris too….hmmmmm.
Well, that’s it for now. Thanks for letting me just vent!!