Things have been crazy around here as usual. We traveled to NH for Thanksgiving for the first time in 7 years! It was so great to be around my family for the holiday!! We are finally getting back into the groove and now the chaos of both of my boys having birthdays AND Christmas in the same month is chaotic! I’m doing everything I can to stay above water, so that’s why you haven’t heard from me a lot recently! From now until Christmas, I won’t be posting as often and I even have a few fun guest posters for ya’ll which I KNOW you will enjoy. And don’t forget there is still time to enter my Tailwind Giveaway AND my Christmas Prize Pack Giveaway, so go enter now and win yourself some goodies for the holidays!! So anyway, I don’t typically do these surveys but I’ve had this one sitting as a draft for a while and figure I would give it a shot. Feel free to do it yourself and let you readers know little more about you!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
Without a doubt a beach path. I have loved the beach for as long as I can remember. There isn’t anything better than the smell of salty air and the crashing of the waves!
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I woudn’t. I hate gatorade. There is way too much sugar and makes me nauseated. I wish I liked it because it would make races so much easier and I wouldn’t have to carry electrolytes with me. I’m a Nuun girl!
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
A new pair of Asics Gel Nimbus of course!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
I definitely prefer a training plan. The structure helps keep me in line and on track. I’m more likely to slack off if I don’t have a plan.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
I would definitely prefer to start uphill and end downhill!! I like to get the bad stuff out of the way first!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
I like spinning, although I haven’t spun in a LONG time. I need to get back ASAP! I also really like Orangetheory, although I haven’t been in SO long. I miss doing it!
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
I prefer either point to point or a loop. Out and backs aren’t so bad during a race because you can cheer on your fellow racers, but during a training run? No way!
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
Oh gosh, there are so many, but the one that I really can’t run without is a visor. I prefer Headsweats to keep the sweat out of my eyes, but it also helps protect my face from the sun!
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
I think the most I’ve seen is a deer. It was dusk and it jumped out in front of us on a trail. Scared the bejeezus out of us!
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Nope, I’ve never gotten lost which is actually quite surprising. I’m not a very good navigator (ask the Mister).
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
And omelet with bacon and toast!
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
Always capris or a skirt. I can’t do shorts, they are always riding up and I hate having to readjust every 2 minutes. If I wear a skirt it has to have the silicone grippy things on the shorts to help them stay put.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
I would say up to 5 miles is my warm-up, and it’s not until then that I really feel like I’m in a groove. So you know what that means for short runs! They are hard!!
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I take the key fob off the key chain and zip it in the pocket in the back of my skirt or capris.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
Paris. No question.