Hey everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I’m still coming off of my marathon high and taking some time to relax and process the day. I’ll be back with a recap ASAP though! But today I wanted to share an awesome recipe that I made last week that you have got to try!! Check it out!
Oh nut butters how I love you so. On bread, on a cracker, on celery or even on a spoon right out of the jar. Oh yea, that happens. And don’t deny that you don’t do it, because I know you do. I’m pretty sure most of my readers wouldn’t deny it though, I think we are all on the same page. Ok, so powdered peanut butter has become all of the rage lately. Why is it so appealing though? Well, it has less calories and less fat so that means you can have it more often without feeling guilty.
So Peanut Butter & Co. just came out with their own powdered peanut butter and in 4 different flavors called the Mighty Nut.
So I was curious how you get powdered peanut butter and apparently they roast them and then press them to get rid of the fat. Then you are left with protein, fiber and an awesome peanut buttery taste.
I have used other brands of powdered peanut butter so I was curious to see how this stacked up. I was sent two jars and challenged to come up with a recipe that uses their powdered peanut butter. So I decided to try the Chocolate and the Original.
Well, since it’s fall and getting cooler out I was really getting the itch to bake. So….I came up with peanut butter brownies!
Yep, flourless and do you want to know what I used in place of it? You’ve got it, chocolate powdered peanut butter! These are decadent. Moist and chewy and just plain delicious. They were a big hit all around.
- 1 cup chocolate or original Mighty Nut powdered peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate or regular cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder of your choice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 9 baking pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, honey, water, vanilla until mixed thoroughly.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir til just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake x 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I am a big fan of powdered peanut butter and even the consistency when you mix with water is pretty decent! Hey if it saves me calories so I can eat more….ummm, yes please!
And the great part? One of you can win a jar of the flavor of your choice! Just use the rafflecopter below.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- You must be 18 years of age or older and is open to U.S. residents only
- The sweepstakes will run from 10/326/15 at 12:00am EST through 10/29/15 at 12:00am EST
- In order to enter to win you must use the rafflecopter entries.
- One winner will receive a bottle of Mighty Nut Powdered peanut butter in the flavor of winner’s choice. Valued at approximately $10.
- The winner will be selected at random on 10/30/15 and will be notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email If the prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- All entrants are bound by the official rules of this giveaway.
- Winner must be able to prove identity and provide a legal mailing address.
- All entries are verified by myself.
- One prize per person. If you win this giveaway, and have already won another prize from Mighty Nut through another blog, please disclose that you have already won so we can choose another winner.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
Disclaimer: I was compensated and provided two jars of Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut butter for my honest review and recipe creation via my affiliation with FitApproach. All opinions are my own….as usual.