Hey everyone!! Life lately has been busy and chaotic as you could probably guess from my lack of posting over the last week. We’ve had a lot going on and some family stuff that I won’t go into but all is well now! I can’t really give you a recap on my training because there has been no training happening unfortunately either so I figured I would give you a down and dirty update on what’s been going on via pictures! Linking up with Amanda for Thinking out Loud which gives me an excuse to be totally random and all over the place!
Let’s do it!
1. This kid….moved up to 1st grade. Where has the time gone? The difference a year makes is incredible! I mean, does he not look like a teenager now?
2. I tried to save my chocolate face for as long as I could but an afternoon craving got the best of me. If you remember I got my face on a piece of chocolate at Global Wellness Day. It’s kind of weird eating your face on a piece of chocolate, don’t you think?
3. I decided to sell my Garmin 620 and downgrade to the new 225. I couldn’t stand the HRM strap as I always chafed from it on my long runs. I’ve been on the hunt for the wrist HRM and finally with the release of the Garmin 225 I was able to snag one! I’m missing out on the fun features of the 620, but I don’t think I really need them at this point, so I’m happy with my purchase! After I get to use it for a bit, I’ll let you know what I think of it!
4. Loving my Isagneix IsaDelight chocolates during my mid-afternoon slump. They are green tea infused and I get the pleasure without all of the guilt!
5. I’ve been seeing cauliflower rice everywhere and HAD to try it. Found it at Trader Joe’s and I’m in love. One of my new favorite foods!
I made a bowl of sorts with some crockpot honey teriyaki chicken, added in some bell pepper, edamame and the rice…
It was amazeballs. Such a versatile food. I can’t wait to make it with other flavors!
6. I FINALLY did a trial run on my new treadmill. I MAY have been a little excited…
Buzz was acting as my coach. I only did 1 mile to test out my hip and it felt great!
7. Ok guys, so Jordan Metzel’s book Running Strong (affiliate link) had been all over the place recently, which I bought and then I saw he had a DVD out for his workout. I need to work on the strength training so I gave in and bought it because I figured a video would keep me more accountable. OMG. He recommends you do 2 workouts a week which are 50 minutes long. I got through 30 minutes of one LAST THURSDAY and was just yesterday able to walk without DOMS. I literally have NEVER been that sore in my entire life, even after a marathon. That is really quite sad because it shows you how shitty I am at strength training. WHY????? Why can’t I stay consistent?!!
8. I met my new coach at the track this week! He took a look at my form and then assigned me drills to work on to help fix my form. He said my form “is not THAT bad”…umm, should I be reassured by that? Basically he said that I have a lack of “neural connection” from the core to the hips, a long stride, a forward footstrike and low heel recovery making my gait a “swing” instead of a “cycle”. Apparently I’m driving off of my dominant foot harder and that has led to an imbalance in my SI joint and tightness in my hip flexors and hamstrings. Oy, that sounds like a LOT to work on.
10. Next….Bring on the road trip. My dad flew into town and joined me for the 9 hour trek to Boston with the boys. Mr. Cupcake had to stay home unfortunately.
Considering we were traveling for a total of 12 hours with all of our potty breaks (and there were A LOT), the boys did remarkably well. But I did have a A WELL deserved margarita immediately after our arrival.
11. The boys have turned into such city kids, they had no idea what to do when they saw a deer in the front yard of my parent house. They were SO excited! The next morning Mini #1 woke up to go to the bathroom and refused to go in because there was a mosquito in the bathroom…apparently we don’t have them in DC?? I think not. We need to work on the bug thing….
Got some bowling in on a rainy day…
12. I have managed to get one run in since we have been in NH. I am definitely not used to rural running but it was nice for a change of pace.
The hills were killer too! Although I should have known better because my hip was really bothering me after.
Anyway, I think that about catches you up to where we are now….we will be in New England until next week and we are busy almost every day, so I probably won’t be posting a whole heck of a lot. I’m going to enjoy our family time and beach time with the boys!! Hope you all are doing well!!
What is the one food you are loving right now?
Ever been to New Hampshire?
If you have kids, what is the longest car ride you have ever been on with them?