*Disclaimer: I was provided products from Arctic Zero to try and review. All opinions expressed here are my own and are not influenced in any way.*
So I hinted around last week that I was going to be trying some Arctic Zero frozen desserts. Ya’ll know I have a MAJOR sweet tooth and it’s definitely a downfall of mine. I’m always looking for ways to be able to cure that sweet craving without all of the guilt. Because I will NOT give up ice cream….
I actually reached out to Arctic Zero to see if they would be willing to help me find a cure to that problem. Let’s be honest though, there is no substitution for ice cream in my book. Yes, frozen yogurt is an OK alternative, but it can still have just as many calories and just as much sugar. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect as this is a non-dairy product that uses whey protein concentrate and natural flavors. I call it…
…but technically this in NOT ice cream.
As I’ve grown older my body as been rejecting dairy products more often than not. I used to drink milk like it was going out of style and eat ice cream as well. For goodness sakes we owned an ice cream shop growing up. So I can’t get rid of it, but I would like to find the next best thing so I can satisfy my “ice cream” craving! So let’s break Arctic Zero down, shall we?
Arctic Zero Fit Frozen Desserts are:
- low glycemic
- fat free/low fat
- certified gluten free
- lactose free
- nut free (except Buttery Pecan)
- gmo free
- certified vegetarian
The “ice cream” is made out of:
- whey protein concentrate (the protein powder is GMO free, hormone free, ultra filtered and lactose free)
- Monk fruit concentrate: used as the main sweetener a monk fruit is a small melon that is low glycemic, rich in antioxidants and sweeter than sugar.
- Fiber: chicory root, a fiber known for prebiotic and blood sugar stabilizing properties
- natural flavors
- sea salt
- organic cane sugar (GMO free)
There are only 300 calories in the ENTIRE PINT. Yes, you read that right, 300. I think you can have 2 spoonfuls of Ben & Jerry’s for that many calories!
So, based on all of the above, I’m sold already, but how does it taste? Because let’s face it, just because it’s healthy, doesn’t mean it tastes good. And who wants to eat it if it doesn’t taste good?
Arctic Zero just went through some major rebranding, and I think the did a great job.
I was sent 5 pints of their new “CHUNKY” pints.
They are packed with chunks of treats inside. I’m all about texture, so I don’t like my ice cream plain. Take me out for ice cream and frozen yogurt I put all of the crunchy add on’s on top. I have to have the crunch, that’s what it’s all about for me. I may get that from my mom….she MUST have jimmies (that’s what we call sprinkles in New England) on the bottom of the cup and then on top of the ice cream. GOT TO HAVE THE CRUNCH. So this is very important to me.
Cookie Dough Chip— One of my favorites.
The vanilla flavor was great and the cookie dough was awesome. I went to Walmart immediately and bought like 4 more pints….I may have cleared out their freezer.
Cool Mint Chip: Mint chip is my all time favorite ice cream flavor so this was the first one I grabbed and dug into.
I thought the texture of the dessert was good, but I thought it could use some more mint flavor. I was a bit underwhelmed as I like a very minty mint chocolate chip. I was kind of sad about that. The chocolate chips were plentiful though! I took things into my own hands with this one and raised the bar to add some more mint flavor….hello Quest bar Mint Chunk! Now THIS is a dessert I can wrap my head around!
A Lil’ Bit Chippy— Definitely a favorite. The vanilla flavor was nice and smooth…and the chocolate chips were plentiful!
Buttery Pecan–I had never had a butter pecan ice cream before, but the flavor of this was delicious.
Super creamy and the pecan flavor was awesome, paired with little candied pecan bits? YUM.
And last but certainly not least….my favorite of all of them…
Key Lime Pie— I was surprised by this one. I’m not typically a fruit flavored ice cream kind of girl, so I wasn’t super excited about this one at first when I saw the container but I was very pleasantly surprised. The flavor of the lime dessert was perfect and the added crunch of the graham crackers put it over the edge for me.
I’ve got to say, for a healthy, non-dairy frozen dessert, I was very impressed. I immediately went online to find out what stores I could buy it in!
I may have been eating these in hiding so I didn’t have to share with anyone else in the house. A guilty pleasure that I’m not really feeling so guilty about and I love that idea!
Ok, so let’s put it right out there. THIS IS NOT ICE CREAM. And if you are expecting it to have the same texture and taste, you are barking up the wrong tree. BUT, I think it is a FABULOUS alternative. Who doesn’t love a sweet treat without the guilt?! I’m pretty picky about my “ice cream” and sweets and this definitely was a winner for me.
Arctic Zero would love to see what you think so I am going to be giving away 2 ARCTIC ZERO VIP Vouchers each for a free pints of “ice cream” to THREE lucky winners! Just enter the rafflecopter below!
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- You must be 18 years of age or older and is open to U.S. residents only
- The sweepstakes will run from 6/12/15 at 12:00am EST through 6/19/15 at 12:00am EST
- In order to enter to win you must use the rafflecopter entries.
- Three winners will receive 2 VIP Vouchers for pints of Arctic zero, approximate value $5 per voucher
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- The winner will be selected at random on 6/19/15 and will be notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email If the prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- All entrants are bound by the official rules of this giveaway.
- Winner must be able to prove identity and provide a legal mailing address.
- All entries are verified by myself.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW