Hey everyone! Thanks for such a great response on my Paris recap, it really was a blast and I think I had just about as much fun writing that post and recalling all of the fun parts of the race! I must say though, since I’ve been back I’ve got a case of writer’s block. Other than my trip recaps I’m kind of at a loss. I’m hoping I can find some inspiration soon.
I’m still feeling like it’s winter, although we’ve had a few days of warm weather, but I just want it to warm up so I can dig my warm weather gear out from the closet!! Enough of bipolar mother nature!! Enough! So I am linking up with Erika, April and Patty for Tuesday’s on the Run linkup. Since I’ve been longing for warm weather the topic was perfect! I have put together a small list of my must have’s for summer running to try and get me motivated again. This always seems to happen to me after a marathon, so I’m sure the motivation will kick back in soon. And her abs below are another source of motivation to get my butt moving again since I’ve barely done anything in 2 weeks!
1. Lululemon Pacesetter skirt: So sad that this skirt is being discontinued. Good thing I stocked up on a bunch over the last few years. They are replacing it with the Pace Rival, which although it doesn’t have the ruffles is still super cute.
2. Headsweats visor: I can’t run in the summer without a visor. Not only does it block my face from the sun, but it has an awesome sweatband that helps absorb sweat and keep it out of your eyes! (My friend Cynthia and Smitha are both ambassadors, so check out their blogs for a discount!)
3. Feetures! socks: I have loved these socks FOR-EVER. They are made with iWick fibers that are super sweat wicking and have kept my feet super dry in the heat of the summer. I’m knocking on wood as I say this, but I’ve never had a blister when wearing these. I’m super excited to be an ambassador for Feetures! this year as well!
4. Ultimate Direction Ultra Jenny Vesta (<—affiliate link): My go-to hydration vest. I couldn’t run in the horribly heat here in DC during the summer without this. I’m not a fan of a waist belt and I hate carrying things, so a hydration pack is my choice. I’ve tried several and this one I have loved the most. If you haven’t checked out my review you can read it HERE. It is super light weight and made to fit a WOMAN. This was key for me in Paris as I had NO idea of the sports drink they were giving out and it was only at the 30Km point, so I had to carry my own.
5. Nuun: I have been drinking Nuun for as long as I can remember. It is my must have electrolyte replacement for those long hot summer runs. It’s a tablet that dissolves in your water. There are three types, regular, all-day and energy. I have tried all 3 and love them. I can’t run using caffeine or else I have some *ahem* tummy issues, but I swear by it for my night shifts since I don’t drink coffee.
There you have it my top 5 summer running gear items!!Check out @suzy399 and her Top 5 picks for summer running gear. #totr #fitfluential #motherrunner #sweatpink… Click To Tweet
What are YOUR must have running essentials for summer?
Do you use a hydration pack or something else?