I have been feeling really scatterbrained and behind on pretty much everything lately. I have a column of blog post drafts that are half done but for some reason I can’t seem to finish any of them. So today, I’ve decided that I need to just get some random stuff out, so I’m joining up with Amanda for Thinking out Loud!
1. I’m starting to get really excited for Paris. I’ve been perusing the internet looking for the best places to go, eat, shop etc. I bought myself a little French phrases book with the phrases that would be important for a traveler while in the city. I love that it’s pocket-sized too so I can slip it right in my purse. I’ve been thinking about things to do in the evening and I would really like to go to the Moulin Rouge. I hear it’s awesome and a must see when in Paris.
2. Old man winter can go screw himself as far as I’m concerned (to all my NE readers, yea yea I know, you have it way worse), but I’m still over this winter. It’s 7pm as I’m typing this and they have ALREADY cancelled school for tomorrow and it hasn’t even started snowing yet. I’m assuming it will be a snow day on Friday as well because they have already informed us the roads won’t be plowed until later in the week.
3. The only thing this crappy weather is good for is purging. I’m not sure why but every time it snows or rain all I want to do is clean out my closet. I have now filled up my THIRD Thred up bag. (I was not asked to do a review of this by the way, I just LOVE this website!) Have you heard of Thred up? It’s this awesome site that is like an online consignment store. You can shop and consign your own clothes. You just order a bag online for free, fill it up with your old clothes and return shipping is included. They examine your items for quality and then either pay you upfront or if your item is a little higher end, you get paid out when the item sells. They take and sell anything from Gucci to Gap and J.Crew. If you use this referral link you can get $10 off a purchase (and so do I)! I’ve made about $300 off of 3 bags so far…not to bad for something I was just going to put in a donation bin!
4. So I think I mentioned a while back that I was working with a nutritionist. So I’ve been seeing him once a week since October. When I initially went to him I told him my goals were to get leaner, stronger and faster so I could eventually get a BQ. And my other goal was to fit in my jeans that have been sitting in my closet. I’m probably about 5 pounds away from being able to wear them comfortably. So I saw him this week and was voicing my frustration because I haven’t seen ANY changes. Now, granted the consistency of my strength training…Orangetheory Fitness…has been less than stellar due to an OBSCENE amount of snow days and school delays, but I’ve been following my meal plans to a tee and still am not seeing a difference. Well, Zach said to me “Sue, I’m going to say something you probably don’t want to hear…..you may need to consider buying new jeans or stop running long distance and hit the weight room.” Yea, not what I wanted to hear by any means. I can’t afford to go buy a closet full of new jeans, and I don’t want to give up running long distance! So what is a girl to do??! I’m just really frustrated right now. Apparently some long distance runners tend to hold onto their glycogen stores and stay “fluffy” when running. Great. Leggings and yoga pants, my uniform that I wear EVERY DAY is sticking around for a while longer it looks like. Definitely need to do some re-evaluating once Paris is over and before I start MCM training.
5. I got to go out the other night for an event that was totally different for me. A friend of mine convinced me to go a few months ago to a charity event in DC called the District Sample Sale.
You had to purchase tickets and profits went to the DC Diaper Bank. Local boutiques and restaurants gathered at a gallery in the city and hosted a sample sale. Think lots of high end clothing boutiques and high end restaurants. I had no idea what to expect, nor had no idea what to wear. I seriously have become so fashionably challenged since I started running about 4 years ago…..meh…who am I kidding. I became the frumpy stay at home mom that lives in her workout clothes and is lucky to get a shower a few days per week. Because seriously, who wants to give up their elastic waistband pants? NOT THIS GIRL. Heck, my going out clothes are my yoga pants with a tunic sweater…easy peasy, day to night.
Anyway, I told you that I had some trouble with Stitch Fix (referral link) but, they reached out and REALLY want to get a box right for me so they are waiving my styling fee next time..I’ll keep you posted. Anyway, I went shopping with my mom for clothes for Paris, because apparently it’s not cool to wear yoga pants in Paris unless you are actually doing yoga. So I had a few new things to choose from to wear from this event….I’ve got some cute skinny jeans, a fun top, even some booties…
….and I am feeling GOOD…..
We get to the gallery and of course it’s raining, aaanddd, we forgot our umbrellas. Perfect. Thankfully the line moves fairly quick and we walk in and I see this….
and I’m like….
I knew I was going to be a bit out of my element by holy schmoley….I haven’t felt THAT old in a LONG time.
I mean there was a live DJ…with pink hair…I thought we might be at a rave for a few minutes…
I headed straight to the bar for some free flowing champagne. Hell, I paid $45 for the ticket just to get in the door, I was going to drink $45 worth of champagne damn it! We did a little shopping, had a few hors de vours and left. I made a small purchase, but most of the clothing there were so out of my league, I would never have had a place to wear it and they weren’t selling yoga pants. Too bad, so sad. Anyway, it was a fun night out with some girlfriends!!
Oh an on the fashion front, I’ve started following Momma in Flip Flops and getting some clothes inspiration from her! She’s adorable!
5. Let’s talk about running shall we? I’m still in love with the treadmill, I had a great 18 miler and a few other subsequent runs this week, but I have to be honest, I’m afraid of getting back outside! I’ve become so dependent on my Netflix that I worry my mental game is going to be way off once I’m able to run outside again. I have Rock N Roll DC coming up in less than 2 weeks and I’m praying for warmer weather because I’m not sure I’m ready, nor do I WANT to be ready to be outside. That could be a problem. Thank goodness Paris will be a new city for me so there will be LOTS of things to look at on the course and hopefully a distraction. Instead I can gaze at the Eiffel Tower, the Louve and the Seine instead of thinking about how the next drug deal on Breaking Bad is going to go down, or what’s going to happen next on House of Cards. The treadmill is the ONLY time I get to watch my favorite shows, so I find myself looking forward to my next treadmill run!
Crazy, I know but the treadmill is where it’s at my friends! Salt and I have decided that we need to find a treadmill marathon, wouldn’t THAT be awesome?
Well, wish me luck as snowmageddon hits and I’m stuck in the house with my two boys for the next 2 days…I’m just praying that Mr. Cupcake has snow days too otherwise it COULD get ugly….TOL: Paris, frumpy mom style and treadmills with @suzy399 Click To Tweet
Anyone that’s been to Paris have any advice?
Anyone else in a style rut?
How often do you clean out your closet?