Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone has had a great week! It has been a super busy one here, I feel like there is never enough time in the day. I am so behind on my blog comments and visiting other blogs, but I am trying to catch up so bear with me! We’ve been spending a lot of outdoor time at the playground afterschool which is great, but we are bracing for more SNOW?!! today! On the first day of spring, just doesn’t seem fair does it?
I had mentioned to you earlier this week about a great recipe for Breakfast cookies that I wanted to share! These are great not just for breakfast but also for a midday snack for the littles and adults too! Kind of goes along with the snack theme for this week. Did you get a chance to check out my Love with Food review?
And also with Candyfit for Recipe Friday!
So, without further adieu I give you my healthy superfood breakfast cookies!
These have been a huge hit. My kids haven’t even asked for a “bar” in a week! Looks like I need to get baking!
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter/sunbutter)
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops Skoop B-Strong protein powder (or vanilla protein powder of your choice)
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix honey, banana, nut butter, vanilla extract, almond milk.
- In another bowl, mix baking soda, cinnamon, flour, oats, flax, chia, hemp, protein powder, salt.
- Pour dry mixture into wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in craisins and chocolate chips.
- Use tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop dough onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 x 15 minute or until bottoms are brown.
Definitely give these a try. Like I said, they are also great for an afternoon snack and can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free flour and oats if necessary!
ENJOY!! Have a wonderful weekend!Try out @suzy399 and her healthy superfood breakfast cookies! #foodiefriday #recipefriday #fitfluential #sweatpink Click To Tweet
Do you make homemade snacks?
What do your kids eat for breakfast?
What is YOUR go-to breakfast?