Happy Valentines Day Eve everyone!! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get to spend Valentine’s day with the ones you love! It’s weird, Valentines day has never been big in my house. I’m not really sure why. I don’t even remember it being a big deal when Mr Cupcake and I were dating. To me it’s not really a big deal, and more of a Hallmark holiday. Why shouldn’t we show each other how much we love each other EVERY day, and not just one special day? Blah blah blah, but of course I wouldn’t turn away a dozen roses or a little love token from my man….hint hint honey.
I figured I would join in on the fun and tell ya’ll about the 5 Things I’m Loving right now! So cheers to Valentine’s day AND a long President’s day weekend!!
1. FitBit Charge HR: So…. Allie, just totally bashed fitness trackers in her latest blog post and took the wind out of my sails. I’ll try not to hold it against her but, she did bring up some really great points. I mean I run marathons and hit the gym almost every day..why do I need something to tell me that I’m doing all that? She is totally right, but I’m still all about the numbers. I love analyzing the numbers, and I really wanted the sleep feature, so…… I still went out and bought one. In fact, I got it the day she posted which was kind of humorous.
I was looking for a tracker that had a heart rate monitor on it. My Garmin 620 has one but I hate the chest strap and have had some nasty chaffing instances that has turned me off from it. So I had been on the hunt for one. Annmarie did a review of the Mio Fuse which I was really intrigued by and actually purchased it, but it turns out wasn’t for me. It was a bit bulky and I wanted something a bit less obvious. Enter the FitBit Charge HR fitness tracker. I’ve only had it a few days and I’m loving it so far. I’ll do a full review of it once I use it for a bit. But I will say this, yesterday at Orangetheory, I wore it AND the OTF HRM and they were pretty similar, not exact, but similar which I was surprised at.
2. TJ Cocoa nibs: My latest obsession. I am someone who needs to cleanse the palate after eating otherwise I will eat ALL the sweets in the house and this does the trick!
3. Argan oil: So Kayla totally got me hooked on this. I had been looking for a new moisturizer at the same time I saw her post and thought I would give it a try. I already had the lavender and frankincense on hand so decided to by the Josie Maran Argan Oil and this stuff is AMAZEBALLS. (affiliate links) Argan oil is known for being an awesome skin moisturizer to help with fine lines and wrinkles. I’ve been using it for almost 2 months now and have seen a huge difference in my skin hydration, tone and overall look. Lavendar is great for treating acne, reducing sun spots and not to mention it’s awesome for relaxation and helping with sleep! Frankincense is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits and is a natural skin toner to help reduce wrinkles and firm up skin. So mix the three and it’s like a face lift in a bottle…..well, at least that’s what I’m hoping for. But so far, I love it. If you haven’t experimented with essential oils yet, you should. In addition to the skin care I just talked about they have helped us when ill, with chronic bloody noses, with sleep and the list goes on! I’m no expert by any means, but I’ve definitely jumped on the bandwagon. Let me know if you have any questions!
4. Nuts N More: This has become one of my favorite snacks. I have a tendency to eat a lot of carbs, what long distance runner doesn’t? But I’ve needed to get more protein into my diet and someone suggested this to me. It’s peanut butter with Whey protein in it. Low sugar, high protein, and low carbs! Score! I’ve been loving it on a rice cake, or my favorite a granny smith apple. It really helps with my lows in the afternoon!
5. Serial podcast: I have never in my life listened to a podcast. I’ve never listened to a book on tape either. I always thought that I would listen and wouldn’t be able to keep up or remember things if I listened to it, not sure why. Well, when everyone started talking about this Serial podcast I was hesitant, didn’t even have a desire to listen even though everyone was RAVING about it. Until…… Orange is the New Black ended and I didn’t have anything else lined up for my treadmill runs. So…..I gave in….and now i’m hooked. I can’t explain it. It sounded like the run of the mill murder case that happened up in Baltimore. But it is awesome, I can’t stop listening. Could it be the storyteller? She is fascinating to listen to and keeps me wanting more. Go, download it if you haven’t yet!
Podcasts, nut butters, essential oils and more favorites with the DC Trifecta! #fridayfive #fitfluential… Click To Tweet
There you have it! My 5 Favorite Things right now!!
What are you loving right now?
Valentine’s Day, yey or ney?