Whoo hoo! Happy Friday! Man, I wish Friday’s meant something to me. I remember being so excited for the weekend way back when…now it just means that it’s time to go work night shift. So much for a weekend! Anyway, I’m linking up with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia again for the Friday Five!
The topic for the week is 5 Races to run in 2015, but I’ve decided to deviate from that just a little and talk about why you should come run Rock N Roll DC with me!!
So, without further ado…here are my 5 Reasons to run Rock N Roll DC!
If any of you have run a Rock N Roll Race you know they are unlike no other. Very well organized, tons of crowd support, a post race finish festival concert and just plain fun! I had such a blast when I ran this in 2013! It was actually my very first race back after having my two boys AND my first time ever running a sub-2 hr half marathon. So to say this race holds a special place in my heart is an understatement. So I’ve come up with a list of reasons WHY you should come run with me! This would make a great last minute racecation and if any of you locals are on the fence….what are you waiting for?!!
1. The half marathon course is a beautiful course and the second half is downhill! Although you don’t get to run around too many monuments, you do get to run through some of the oldest and best neighborhoods in DC.
2. The bling: inspired by DC, postage stamps and the Star Spangled Banner! Doesn’t get more patriotic than that!
3. On course entertainment is awesome: 11 bands along the way to help keep you excited and motivated!
4. Runner Perks: show your race bib at participating partners and get discounts around the city!
5. Headlining the post race concert is…. Better than Ezra…Ok, this is bringing me WAAAAAYYYY back to what….the 90’s?! We are big fans in this house, so you can bet we will be there!
In case you forgot one of their most notable hits…
So, like I said, if you are on the fence….don’t miss this awesome race and a chance to run with 30,000 of your closest friends! And even better, use my discount code for $15 off!! You can actually use this on most Rock N Roll races in the US!5 Reasons to run @runrocknroll DC with @suzy399 and a $15 discount on most RNR Races! #rocknblog #fitfluential… Click To Tweet
Have you ever run a Rock N Roll race?
Anyone running DC with me?
What Spring race are you training for?