*Disclaimer: I was given Bombas socks in exchange for an honest review. I was not compensated monetarily for this review. As always, all opinions are my own. *
I have been holding onto this review for a while. I was contacted by a company named Bombas a few months ago, right before I got sick in fact and got really behind on getting some product reviews done. But it actually worked out great because I got the chance to really try out Bombas and see what I thought.
There are so many companies out there that offer similar products that it’s really hard to decide on which ones to choose. I’ve recently been drawn to the companies that actually give back to the community in some way. I’ve talked about how Skoop does that, and now, Bombas.
The inspiration for Bombas was formed when they came across a quote that changed everything:
“Socks are the number one most requested clothing item at homeless shelters.”
Bombas has partnered with Hannah’s socks, a non-profit organization that gives socks to those in need. For every pair purchased, Bombas donates one pair!
Some fun facts:
Bombas is derived from the Latin word for bumblebee.
Bees work together to make their hive a better place, therefore
“Bee Better” is Bombas mantra.
“Bee Better” is stitched into every pair of socks to remind you to push yourself harder.
Bombas are intended to be athletic performance socks. After a ton of research in the perfomance athletic sock field they came up with some features that they feel make these the best around. They come in two varieties, ankle and calf socks.
I figured I would go through the features and tell you what I thought!
1. Stay put technology: perfect tension and elasticity so they stay up and aren’t too tight. These are NOT compression socks. And they definitely stay up.
2. The most comfortable socks you’ll ever put on….AGREED. They are made of long staple pima cotton which remains warm in the winter and cool and moisture wicking in the summer. Since it’s winter, I can only talk about the warmth. These are some of the warmest socks I’ve put on (with the exception of ski socks). The cotton is super soft and cozy and I felt like I was wearing slippers.
3. Blister tab: ankle cushion directly where shoe hits the leg. Loved this feature. In the ankle socks only (obviously)
4. Y-stitched heel–creates a natural cup around the heel. This is a feature that I didn’t really notice.
5. Honeycomb support system: extra support and tightness in the arch. I loved this feature. I am big fan of tighter socks, so I loved this.
6. Invisitoe: no annoying bump from a seam at your toes. Definitely a plus. And I think I just like the word invisitoe, it’s fun.
Here is a look at the features:
These socks are awesome and really great for ANY sport. I must say that I prefer a very thin sock for running, which these are not, but I love them for everything else. The calf socks are perfect for those cold days under my boots. They are definitely my new favorite every day sock. For someone who likes a thicker sock to run in (and I don’t mean super thick), these would be a great option. And something you can feel good about purchasing, especially knowing that you are giving back to the world!#beebetter with @BOMBAS socks. Great review from @suzy399 Click To Tweet
I’m linking up today with Nicole from Fitful Focus for Fit & Fashionable Friday!
How do you give back to your community?
What feature is the most important in a sock to you?