This week I decided to link up with Foodie Friday with Annmarie from Fit Foodie Mama, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger, and Cassandra from Powered by BLING.
Also linking up with Jill Conyers for
I don’t link up with food posts usually because well, I’m not a food blogger and my photos are way sub-par but I made the most amazing smoothie yesterday and just had to share it with all of you!
Ok, so technically I run for cupcakes, hence the title of my blog. But let’s face it…I run so I can eat ALL the food. My favorites being sweets…cupcakes and ice cream mainly, oh and dark chocolate and wine and well, you get the point. I’ve been craving ice cream lately for some reason and my all time favorite ice cream is Mint Chocolate chip. So, I came up with a HEALTHY version in the form of a smoothie inspired by Food Faith & Fitness. I changed it slightly by adding a few extra things. This totally cured my craving! So I bring you the Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 2 scoops SKOOP protein powder (or protein powder of your choosing)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- a handful of kale
- a handful of baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 TBSP honey or agave nectar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 TBSP mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth! Adjust sweetener to your liking.
What is YOUR favorite smoothie?
Have you ever put an avocado in your smoothie?