I’m excited to be linking up again with Annmarie from Fit Foodie Mama, Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Emily from Whatever Floats your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger, and Cassandra from Powered by BLING for Foodie Friday and Kierston from Candyfit for #RecipeFriday!
And also linking up with Jill Conyers for Fitness Friday!
I love breakfast. Eggs. Bacon. Pancakes. Drool.
I would eat breakfast for dinner every night of the week if I could. My kids think breakfast for dinner is weird. Not sure if they are really from my loins because of that. Isn’t breakfast a favorite meal for kids? I need to do something to change their minds on that one.
Besides eggs, I am a lover of all things pancakes.
I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect protein pancake. I want all the flavor and texture without guilt. I’ve been experimenting for a while now and I think I’ve come up with the perfect protein pancake. They are light, fluffy and flavorful!
One pancake gives you 5 grams of protein and only 70 calories. Now THAT is something I can wrap my head around! Top it with a little fruit or almond butter, and OMG, it’s like a party in your mouth!
And yea, I eat my breakfast in the freezing cold on my front step too :p Tying to get better food photos is hard with limited photography equipment and really crappy light. Again, not winning any awards for food photography!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour (I used Trader Joe's)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 scoops Vanilla protein powder (I prefer Skoop)
- 1 cup plain 2% greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1. Mix all ingredients together. Add more milk or use less milk depending on the consistency you like.
- 2. Place griddle/pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup full of batter and place on griddle.
- 3. When pancakes bubble, flip over.
- 4. Remove when done and repeat!
- I prefer using Skoop protein powder, but any type of Vanilla protein powder will work!
What is your favorite meal of the day?
What is your favorite breakfast item?