The topic for the week is 5 things I like about my favorite city, but I decided to take that in a slightly different direction. Slightly. DC has definitely become one of my favorite cities, not my all time favorite, but in the top 5. But, it is my favorite city to run in, so I decided to tell you 5 Reasons to run in Washington, D.C.
1. Running by the monuments any time you want–I thought this would get old…but it doesn’t. This city is so rich with culture and history it’s really amazing. You can even do running tours with park rangers during the summer. They run you around monuments while you stop at each one and learn a little something along the way! You can run from museum to museum even! There is always something new to look at and I feel so lucky every single time I get to run here.
2. A never ending list of running trails and paths:
National Mall–2 1/2 miles of paved sidewalks that take you from the Nation’s Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial. It can be crowded in the spring and summer with all of the tourists so I highly recommend a sunrise run around the monuments…it doesn’t get much better than the sunrise over the monuments or the Potomac River in my opinion!
Other trails include Rock Creek Park, Mt Vernon Trail, C&O Canal Towpath, Capital Crescent Trail, Custis Trail and the WO&D. Close to over 100 miles of trails and I know there are definitely more than that which these don’t account for. Isn’t that amazing??
3. It may be the only city you can dress up in fun patriotic costumes and people don’t look at you funny.
5. The ultimate people watching experience, you never know if you will get to see the President and his motorcade, a president of another country, the First Lady, a senator or congressman or Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright.
And I need to add one more thing….
6. Where else can you pose and run with bobble head historical figures? I mean that ALONE should make you want to run here!
Well, I hope you all have a great weekend!! I’m heading to my RRCA Coaching Certification course this weekend! I haven’t been in a classroom in a long time, so I’m a bit nervous, but super excited to see what I can do with it!!Check out @suzy399 and her 5 Reasons to run in Washington, D.C. #irundc #motherrunner #fitfluential… Click To Tweet
Do you have a favorite city to run in?
Have you ever run in Washington, D.C.?