*I was given 2 bottles of WIN detergent as part of my affiliation with Fit Approach and Sweatpink to review. As usual, all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.*
If there is one task at home I hate the most…..it would have to be laundry. Before I became a mom, my mom friends would complain that all they did was laundry. I didn’t understand why. There should be no need to do laundry more than once per week, right?! Fast forward and now I know exactly why they said that. I didn’t know that four human beings could produce SO.MUCH.LAUNDRY.
I literally feel like that is ALL that I do. It is never ending. I do close to 8-10 loads of laundry per week. YIKES! Whites, darks, sheets, stain remover, stinky workout clothes, the list in endless. The only laundry I do for myself is workout clothes, because let’s face it…. I’m THAT mom that lives in her yoga and workout pants. Uggh, I used to say I would NEVER be that mom. Well, here I am deep in my love affair with yoga pants and leggings.
Because of my affiliation with Fit Approach and as a Sweat Pink Ambassador I was asked to review a new laundry detergent made especially for someone like me. Someone who lives in their workout gear and sweats all of the time. I insist that I do NOT smell, I’ve always told my husband that I smell like roses!! Hahah, I guess that isn’t completely true. There can be some serious stank in my clothes after a good long run…..Enter WIN detergent:
I feel like the summer is my sweatiest month…the heat and humidity are brutal. But I think a lot of us forget that we can sweat just as much if not more in the middle of the winter. We layer instead of wearing tank tops. When you wear a tank, some of the moisture is allowed to dry on your skin or evaporate, but not when you are bundled up! That stank sinks deeper in to the fibers of our clothing! Most of us don’t have a wide array of cold weather gear, so we are forced to wear the same things over and over. So if your detergent can’t get the stank out, they just get more odorific. And if you are hibernating in a gym because you hate the cold weather like me….well, you are blessing everyone around you with your stinky clothes. No one likes to run next to the stinky girl on the treadmill next to them.
So let’s talk about a way that we can eliminate those hard to remove odors from our stinky clothes:
1. Hang them up to air dry before throwing them into a laundry basket. Leave it too sit too long and mold can grow….EWWWW
2. Heat–use the hottest water that the fabric can tolerate.
3. Soak garments in a vinegar water solution before washing
Use WIN sports detergent!
Win sports detergent is specifically formulated to remove oils and residue that cause odor.
I put it to the test. I typically just use Tide. I’ve never had an issue and as far as I’m concerned has done a good job taking out the odors. So, I did a little sniff test or my current workout clothes and noted any smells. I then washed some in the WIN detergent and then smelled them side by side. Low and behold, my so-called “clean” Tide clothes definitely still had a faint odor…the WIN detergent clothes? Smelled fresh and I didn’t smell anything!
WIN comes in two versions: Regular and Green. The regular has a very light, fresh smell. The green is odor free and both are good for high efficiency washers! There are 21 loads per bottle and retails for 9.99 per bottle.
I was definitely impressed with WIN detergent and will probably be adding this to our laundry room for sure.
[Tweet “Get rid of the STANK with @windetergent @suzy399 @fitapproach #sweathardsmellgreat #”]
Now for the fun part! WIN detergent wants to give YOU 2 bottles of detergent! The winner will receive one bottle of regular and one of green!
If you don’t want to wait you can use WINGIVE1 for $1 off a bottle of WIN.
Enter using the Rafflecopter below!
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- You must be 18 years of age or older and is open to U.S. and Canada residents only
- The sweepstakes will run from 11/17/14 at 12:00am EST through 11/21/14 at 12:00am EST
- In order to enter to win you must use the rafflecopter entries.
- Three winners will receive two bottles of WIN detergnet.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- The winner will be selected at random on 11/21/14 and will be notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email If the prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- All entrants are bound by the official rules of this giveaway.
- Winner must be able to prove identity and provide a legal mailing address.
- All entries are verified by myself.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW