I’ve been feeling a bit uninspired after MCM when it comes to writing blog posts…you’ve been getting a lot of reviews (which don’t get me wrong aren’t bad), but I get kind of bored when I read someone’s blog and it’s ALL reviews….so my apologies. So, since I really am in the midst of a writer’s block if you will, I’ve decided to link up with Running with Spoons for a bunch of random musings….
1. I’m really getting stressed out about the month of December. BOTH of my boys have birthdays and guess what…this mama has birthday cakes to make. They are super time consuming and I have a lot of fun with them, but I’m such a perfectionist that it can get stressful. I know they won’t care if it’s perfect, but it’s my own inner demons I fight with Oh yea, and then add in Christmas….oy, i’m overwhelmed already!
2. I’m a bit more behind on my workouts than I would like. I had intended to really start hardcore last week and I’ve gotten busy and lazy and I haven’t done as much strength training as I had hoped. Lazy…there are no other excuses. I want to curl up on the couch with some bon bons lazy.
3. Ok, I guess I haven’t been THAT lazy…..I have been trying out some new local boutique exercise studios in the area which has been super fun.. I’ve tried Orangetheory Fitness and I attended the press ride for a new cycling studio near me called Swet (Sweet) Ride. Fun things to come with Orangetheory….stay tuned!
4. I’ve been feeling a bit overwhelmed with blogging lately and I’ve been lacking some inspiration as I said before, hence the random musings. I remember this happened after MCM last year too. I may take a few weeks off in December to really focus on my kiddos and the holidays.
5. I am getting SO excited for Paris in April!!! I have my airline ticket and my apartment booked all ready!! I’ll be going with my BRF (the one who DRAGGED me across the finish at MCM) and I’ll also be meeting a few friends of mine that live in England too! We will all be staying in the same apartment and have a fun girls week in Paris! AHHH!
And wow, the experience of booking our apartment was crazy! I knew they were going to be small, but it was SO hard to find an apartment with 4 beds!! Most said they slept 4, but that meant there were 2 double beds that you had to share….I can’t even share a double bed with my husband!! Lofts that are only 4.5 feet high?!! Imagine crawling in there after a marathon?!! Ummm, yeeeaaaaa.
6. Mr. Cupcake and I had an unexpected day off together this week and the kids were in school! Yey, date day! We went for a run which was my first run since MCM!! It was fabulous except for the fact that my hip flexor was NOT happy with me. I’m sure it was just because I hadn’t run in over 2 weeks and EVERY muscle in my body had tightened up.
Seriously, how amazing is this?! The colors of the leaves, the sky? Pure perfection!
After that we hit brunch and enjoyed a meal in peace! All you parents out there KNOW what I’m talking about. A leisurely brunch where we weren’t stuffing food down our throats and coercing kids to stay in their seats. We hit Ted’s Bulletin which was AWESOME.
They make the most AMAZING homemade poptarts. I had never had one, so I HAD to try one….I went with the peanut butter/bacon and OMG. That is all….OMG.
7. We had some beautiful weather this week so we spent Veterans Day together and went to Great Falls park. We don’t do stuff like this very often. It feels like all of our free time is taken up on the weekends with running, swimming lessons, baseball, me sleeping the day away after working night shift, etc. So it was great to just get out there and enjoy the sunshine! I love these boys!
8. I’ve been resisting for a long time, but finally gave in and went to a Jamberry party and bought some wraps. Excited to try them out!
9. I am SO sick of the Lego movie…..we read this almost every night and I can never get the “Everything is Awesome” song out of my head!
Ha, I challenge you not to sing that for the rest of the day. You are welcome.
10. And last but not least did you see the new FitFluential post?! See anyone familiar?
Thanks for putting up with my musings today!!
Anyone ever do Jamberry wraps before?
Who here hates the Lego movie as much as I do?
Anyone ever try Orangetheory fitness?
What do you think about the peanut butter/bacon combo?