Hey everyone! Hope ya’ll have had a great week!! I’ve been doing a lot of resting and crosstraining, not really much to speak of, so there probably won’t be much of a weekly recap on monday, because, well….there really isn’t much to recap! Anyway…I’m linking up with Courtney, Cynthia and Mar for the #FridayFive this week!
This week’s topic: Pre-race or Race day rituals!
- I ALWAYS set my alarm for at least 1 hour before I have to leave for a race. I’m not too shy on here, and I am known to talk about bodily functions (I AM a nurse, we like to talk about ALL the bodily functions, especially at dinner). But the pre race poop has GOT to happen.
- I have to have my pre run breakfast of english muffin with Almond butter or peanut butter. Either nut butter will do.
- Lay out my flat mama. The several hours before I go to bed I need to lay out exactly what I am going to wear. Sometimes this is a long process. Some days I need to try the entire outfit on several times before I decide on one, other days I can just pick from my drawer and go for it. I never know until that night.
- Check the weather incessantly. I have to check pretty much hourly for the 12 hours leading up to the race. Have the rain chances changed? Have the temperatures changed? Shoot, do I need to bring a rain jacket now? Should I wear a tank, or a long sleeve..GAH! Some times it’s agonizing! (Mr. Cupcake would call these “First World Problems”)
- After a race, I must have ALL of the eggs. I don’t know why, but I crave eggs after a good race. Yumm, I’m pretty sure I even daydream about them during the race too. They must be scrambled or in an omelet form.
So there they are…my rituals! Not too out of the ordinary I would imagine, but mine nontheless!
Hope you all have a great weekend! We don’t have much on tap this weekend which is kind of nice. I was supposed to run a 9/11 Memorial 5K on Saturday night but I was told by my chiropractor to rest for the weekend, so I may walk it, we’ll see. But other than that, hopefully just get some good quality family time!
What are YOUR race rituals?
Do you check the weather constantly before a race?
What is your go to breakfast before a race or long run?