Anyone else as addicted to protein bars as me? I have been on the hunt for a long time trying to find just the right one. I want something that isn’t full of a bunch of artificial crap and is delicious all at the same time which I’m learning can kind of be a hard feat! Listen, ya’ll know I’m a mom on the go and I don’t have time to pack homemade snacks all of the time. I’ve tried them all and nothing is worse then getting a protein bar that tastes like chalk or sandpaper or one that tastes artifically sweet. Yuk. My favorite right now are the Quest brand, UNTIL I had the opportunity to try AMRAP bars. Through my affiliation with Sweat Pink and FitApproach, I was given the opportunity to try out these new bars. But all opinions are my own. Let me tell you, I was NOT disappointed.
Check out this quick 30 second promo…
“AMRAP creates food that is 100% Paleo, gluten-free, GMO-free, dairy-free, and unprocessed. Raw whole foods, like almond chunks, are a top priority in our bars because we know from experience it is clean fuel that feeds our bodies’ daily activity the best. Our bars have an optimal research-based combination of good proteins and carbs for well-rounded athletes. Recommended for a meal supplement or replacement, and especially a pre or post-workout snack. “
They just came out with 3 new flavors:
I started off trying the Almond/Honey flavor
Want to know what’s in them?
Almonds, honey, unsweetened coconut, egg white protein, sesame seeds, cinnamon and salt.
That’s right, 7 ingredients and NOTHING artificial!
OMG. That is all I have to say about these. Look at those huge chunks of almonds!! The flavor was incredible with a nice chewy texture. I even satisfied my sweet craving without it being too sweet. The sweetness factor was just perfect. I could have eaten these all day. 15 grams of protein too! Downside, high on the calorie side, like 325 calories high. That is a bit too much for my taste for a snack, but for a meal replacement yes. Or, I might cut it in half for a snack. But definitely would be great for a post long run recovery snack! A+++++.
Next up, Cashew and Vanilla.
Cashews, honey, cashew butter, unsweetened coconut, egg white protein, vanilla extract and salt.
Yep, these were delicious too! Big chunks of cashews and great texture! 12 grams of protein in this one and calorie heavy (320) as well. But still amazing!
Last but not least….Fig and Cacao
Dates, Egg-White Protein, Figs, Almond Butter, Almonds, Unsweetened Coconut, Cacao Nibs, Coconut Oil.
These were just “OK” to me, BUT , I don’t like figs. I think if you are a fig lover, these would be great. 15 grams of protein and this had the least amount of calories, coming in at 270.
I am so glad that I had the opportunity to try these out. It really can be hard to find a healthy protein bar and not sacrifice taste, but AMRAP has done that. Kudos to them. I will definitely be buying these and using them for a post long run recovery snack, no doubt!
And I’m so excited because AMRAP wants to give THREE of my readers a box of their choice! That’s right…THREE of you will win!! Just use the Rafflecopter below to enter!
What is your favorite type of protein bar?
Have you ever made your own protein bar?
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- You must be 18 years of age or older and is open to U.S. and Canada residents only
- The sweepstakes will run from 9/15/14 at 12:00am EST through 9/19/14 at 12:00am EST
- In order to enter to win you must use the rafflecopter entries.
- Three winners will receive one 8-count box of bars, flavor of their choice from Almond/Honey, Cashew/Vanilla or Fig/Cacao
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- The winner will be selected at random on 9/20/14 and will be notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email If the prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- All entrants are bound by the official rules of this giveaway.
- Winner must be able to prove identity and provide a legal mailing address.
- All entries are verified by myself.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW